My son just turned seven this month, and you can tell he is growing up, so I present you seven facts of a 7 year old boy.
- He just asked me permission to go to a field trip with his school but he made me very clear that he wanted to be on his own no parental supervision, so in other words, Mom please don’t go with me.
- Yesterday we ate pizza with him and my mom, and from the 8 slices he ate 4 while mom & I ate 2 each.
- He is rehearsing for a performance his school is having for mother’s day and he told me the songs his teacher picked were too childish, he wished she would pick something more grown up like Pitbull or Gangnam Style. (not entirely sure those are grown up songs but he doesn’t know better)
- A week before his birthday I asked him to clean up toys and donate anything that hasn’t been used in a while and he only picked his Hot Wheels cars and Lego sets to keep, everything else was discarded including a McQueen Laptop and his AquaDoodle - Mat.
- He dresses himself and right before going to school he wears Cologne, of course we had to graduate to a kids Cologne because with the old one I used to chase him with the bottle because he said it was baby smell (clean lemon scent)
- He just grow out of his jeans AGAIN, even my brother made fun of him because his pants were too short.
- Yesterday he learned the fun in texting, he usually had sent emoticons to my mom in whatsapp, but she never responds, yesterday he started texting my brother and he loved it, I know I am in trouble already because he said oh that was so much fun! And I thought to myself there is no way I will let him have a phone anytime soon, but I know he will use mine or at least attempt it.
So there you have it, being seven is certainly way too much fun for someone meaning grey hairs for somebody else.